VisitDallas is an independent, not-for-profit organization comprised of professionals serving as the sales and marketing arm for Dallas. Our mission is to promote Dallas as the ideal business and leisure destination to the regional, national, and international marketplace, and to favorably impact the Dallas economy through conventions and tourism.
- Coordinate and execute site inspections for VisitDallas Hotel Sales Managers as directed, to include contacting partners, creating site agenda in CRM and Microsoft Word/PDF version. Confirm all logistics, prepare gifts, place all follow-up notes in CRM under the lead or account, provide feedback to sales manager and/or director based on client response.
- Assist with events and FAMs to include but not limited to sourcing event venues, planning meals, transportation, budget management, requisition entry, on-site coordination, updating customer information in CRM, managing RSVPs, name badges, invitations, and post-event follow-up.
- Project management as directed to include but not limited to creating hotel maps, PowerPoint presentations, updating iPads, sourcing and purchasing VisitDallas branded gifts or promotional items based on Marketing Guidelines, inventory of gifts, online marketing, sponsorship benefits, updating/adding accounts or contacts in CRM, research or other projects as necessary to reach the goals of the sales division.
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships are critical; therefore, it is imperative that this position play an active role in meeting or convention related organizations that would foster relationships with the hotels and VisitDallas partners or clients.
- Understanding and general knowledge of Dallas as a Meeting Destination to include but not limited to hotels, special venues, restaurants, and convention center.
- Onsite backup as lead at specific tradeshows & events when needed.
- This position reports directly to the Assistant Director – Sales Operations
- College degree preferred or have equivalent hospitality industry experience
- Two-years direct services experience in the supplier, hotel, meeting, or bureau industry
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices in customer service
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated individual that works well independently
- Advanced computer skills in database management, word processing and windows-based software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational structure
- Ability to respond to changing priorities
- Maintain positive and professional work attitude and working relationships with peers, colleagues, and customers as well as adherence to policies and procedures of VisitDallas
- Valid Texas Driver License
- Position functions in an office environment
- Ability to work evenings/weekends and travel out of town as necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VisitDallas is an independent, not-for-profit organization that promotes Dallas as a business and leisure destination.
Our mission is to market Dallas as the ideal convention and visitor destination to the regional, national and international marketplace and to favorably impact the Dallas economy through meetings and tourism. The award-winning VisitDallas supports the business needs of their clients and guarantees that the city fulfills its promises and garners repeat bookings.
Our efforts have significantly increased awareness of Dallas locally, nationally, and internationally, and have resulted in Dallas being recognized as one of the top convention destinations in the nation and part of a metroplex that is the #1 visitor destination in the state of Texas.
Company Website: www.visitdallas.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)