Position: Marketing Project Manager
Department: Marketing Communications
Direct Report: Director of Marketing and Communications
VisitDallas is an independent, not-for-profit organization comprised of professionals serving as the sales and marketing arm for Dallas. Our mission is to promote Dallas as the ideal business and leisure destination to the regional, national, and international marketplace, and to favorably impact the Dallas economy through conventions and tourism.
Our efforts have significantly increased awareness of Dallas locally, nationally, and internationally, and have resulted in Dallas being recognized as one of the top convention destinations in the nation and the number one visitor destination in the state of Texas.
The Marketing Project Manager will serve as point person and project manager on various marketing department initiatives, supporting the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Chief Marketing Officer.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (individual duties, assignments, and responsibilities required of the position)
A. Work on special projects, sponsorships, consumer activations and leisure campaign initiatives as needed and directed by the Director of Marketing and Communications and Chief Marketing Officer.
B. Serve as project manager on marketing events as directed by the Director of Marketing and Communications and Chief Marketing Officer, including the VisitDallas annual meeting and consumer events executed throughout the year.
C. Work with all VisitDallas departments to meet collateral and asset needs, and project manage internal Marketing team members in meeting those needs.
D. Guide internal collateral projects, including marketing collateral, brochures, presentations, invitations, maps and more.
E. Manage promotional items, working with each department to meet their needs and ensure products stay within budget and on brand.
F. Support the Dallas Film & Creative Industries Office in any/all marketing initiatives, including collateral, branded promotional items, event signage, DallasCreates.com, and email newsletters.
G. Organization Planning and Reporting
1. Serve as point person on major VisitDallas planning and reporting projects, including but not limited to:
i. Business Plan, due March 1
ii. Annual Report, due Dec. 31
iii. Board of Directors Reports, due quarterly
2. Work with all departments to gather content, write content as needed, and project manage graphic designer for completion of report.
3. Maintain timeline and ensure all reports are delivered by deadline.
H. Margarita Mile
1. The Margarita Mile is a team initiative led by the Marketing and Communications department, and the Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the project and bringing all team members together to ensure the success of the campaign. The Marketing Project Manager is tasked with leading regular meetings and sharing regular updates with the broader VisitDallas team.
2. Serve as point of contact for participating restaurants and bars. Responsible for cultivating restaurant relationships, restaurant staff training and communication with restaurant managers on Margarita Mile updates and initiatives. Responsible for submitting a quarterly and year end “report card” to restaurants detailing Margarita Mile activity at each participating restaurant.
3. Serve as point of contact with app developer and administrator.
4. Look for new and innovative ways to market the Margarita Mile including events, activations and promotional items.
5. Responsible for maintaining branding and reputation management throughout all Margarita Mile initiatives.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: (personnel supervision, budgets, performance, etc.)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: (special training, certifications, college degree, etc.)
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
· Minimum of 8 years working in the marketing, public relations, journalism or communications field. Tourism experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (technical, communication, interpersonal, etc.)
· Working knowledge of Dallas and venues
· Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and be proactive when dealing with new requests
· Flexibility and attention to detail required
· Excellent organization skills
· Creative thinker
· Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
· Project management skills a must
· Knowledge of AP style
· Strong writing and copyediting skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (overtime, travel, physical demands, and conditions)
· Position functions in an office environment