SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Position provides quality information regarding events and fun things to see and do in Dallas for the leisure traveler, group traveler, or convention attendee.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain a well-informed, working and first-hand knowledge of the attractions, accommodations, activities, and services available in the area to visitors; acts as a liaison between these entities and the visitor.
- Ability to meet and serve the public in a concierge capacity by providing detailed and accurate directions to area hotels, restaurants, attractions and businesses with the use of maps and/or internet.
- Ensures that all inquiries from mail, walk-in, email, and telephone receive prompt and courteous responses while providing up-to-date information.
- Work with the Manager on tracking fulfillment of all visitor requests, web/phone inquiries to be used in monthly reports.
- Maintains a cohesive working relationship with all other VisitDallas personnel to ensure a unified and effective promotional effort.
- Provide assistance to the Manager whenever, and wherever necessary.
Reports to the Visitor Experience Manager and indirectly to the Sr. Vice President/Chief Experience Officer.
Preferred Knowledge / Education
- High School education and/or customer service work experience
- Current knowledge of Dallas
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills; in person, phone, and online
- Initiative to handle routine problems
- Strong visual skills (such as reading information on maps or brochures)
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time while serving customers
- Data entry experience
- Availability to work weekends and holidays based on event, festival, and conference schedule
- Bilingual is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VisitDallas is an independent, not-for-profit organization that promotes Dallas as a business and leisure destination.
Our mission is to market Dallas as the ideal convention and visitor destination to the regional, national and international marketplace and to favorably impact the Dallas economy through meetings and tourism. The award-winning VisitDallas supports the business needs of their clients and guarantees that the city fulfills its promises and garners repeat bookings.
Our efforts have significantly increased awareness of Dallas locally, nationally, and internationally, and have resulted in Dallas being recognized as one of the top convention destinations in the nation and part of a metroplex that is the #1 visitor destination in the state of Texas.
Company Website: www.visitdallas.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)