VisitDallas is an independent, not-for-profit organization comprised of professionals serving as the sales and marketing arm for Dallas. Our mission is to promote Dallas as the ideal business and leisure destination to the regional, national, and international marketplace, and to favorably impact the Dallas economy through conventions and tourism.
Our efforts have significantly increased awareness of Dallas locally, nationally, and internationally, and have resulted in Dallas being recognized as one of the top convention destinations in the nation and the number one visitor destination in the state of Texas.
The Social Media/Special Projects Manager is an integral member of the Marketing/Communications team, which is tasked with igniting global passion for visiting Dallas and increasing the economic impact of tourism throughout the region. The Social Media/Special Projects Manager executes industry-leading tourism marketing strategies across all social platforms to ensure Dallas’ online presence generates incremental travel to Dallas.
- Expand reach and engagement of VisitDallas' social media channels across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other platforms through the design and execution of a social media strategy
- Drive the development and execution of a social media calendar, spanning across and supporting both leisure travel and trade/sales audiences
- Implement and maintain social media guidelines for all platforms
- Oversee and assist content specialist tasked with majority of day-to-day social responsibilities, including:
- researching, creating, writing and editing posts, including sourcing assets
- managing the social listening feeds
- analyzing and responding to engagement opportunities
- Refine social analytics and measurement to enhance social strategy
- Track and measure social media analytics across a number of primary and secondary KPIs including reach, engagement, follower growth, website referrals, etc.
- Develop and execute paid social media strategy across multiple paid ads channels, as well as track and manage social media advertising budget.
- Manage vendor contracts as needed
- Strategic planning of domestic and international social media campaigns
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing and Communications to execute local influencer programs by identifying influencers, working with talent and building social influencer marketing campaigns
- Support Marketing with brand initiatives tied to social media execution
- Support Digital Content Resource Specialist with video producing as needed
- Manage special projects as directed by the Chief Marketing Officer, including but not limited to, semiannual digital hotel campaign, and other projects as needed.
The position reports to the Sr. VP/Chief Marketing Officer.
This position manages the Digital Content Resource Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism or writing
- Three to five years of experience in writing for marketing and producing web and social media content
- Good working knowledge of Dallas and it's venues
- Experience with paid social media advertising campaigns
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal, written, phone and computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; meet deadlines and be proactive when dealing with content requests
- Flexibility and attention to detail required
- Good editorial judgement
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and InDesign
- Knowledge and experience using video equipment and editing video
- Good working knowledge of Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Pinterest Ads, LinkedIn Ads and Snapchat Geofilters
Status: Exempt, Full-time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VisitDallas is an independent, not-for-profit organization that promotes Dallas as a business and leisure destination.
Our mission is to market Dallas as the ideal convention and visitor destination to the regional, national and international marketplace and to favorably impact the Dallas economy through meetings and tourism. The award-winning VisitDallas supports the business needs of their clients and guarantees that the city fulfills its promises and garners repeat bookings.
Our efforts have significantly increased awareness of Dallas locally, nationally, and internationally, and have resulted in Dallas being recognized as one of the top convention destinations in the nation and part of a metroplex that is the #1 visitor destination in the state of Texas.
Company Website: www.visitdallas.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)